Sunday, September 4, 2011

Quick Eli Update

I apologize for not writing sooner, but as you can imagine, life has gotten a LOT more hectic! Chad and I are getting the hang of things, but it's a slow process. We are extremely grateful to everyone who has been helping us get through the last four weeks: Chad's parents, my sister and her fiance, and of course my parents. I don't know how we'd cope without them! My mom in particular has been a life saver and we can't thank her enough for being willing to stay a few weeks longer to help us out.


It's already been a month since Eli was born, and he's doing great overall. He's frequently fussy, which has made it difficult to find time to write or do anything other than care for him. He's eating a ton and gaining weight and was up to 8lbs 1 ounce at his 2 week checkup. We're guessing he's probably close to 10 pounds now as he's already wearing 3 month clothes. We have good days and bad days; nights where he sleeps 4.5 - 5 hours at a time, and nights where he barely makes it past 2 hours. We can't wait for his schedule to even out more.

I'm planning to write a detailed account of our birth story complete with pictures since Tracy was brave enough to photograph it. Hopefully I'll have a chance to write it within the next month or so. I've included a few of Eli from the photo shoot Tracy did when he was 5 days old to tide you over for now.







Eli's Birth Stats:

Full Name: Eli Anderle Verrall
Birthday: August 5th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Birth Weight: 6 lbs, 14 ounces
Length: 19.5 inches
Eye color: Dark Blue (we suspect they will change to brown)
Hair: straight, dark brown
Apgar Score: 9 (out of 10)
Labor length: 11 hours + 20 minutes of pushing
Epidural: Yes
Days in hospital: 2.5

No comments:

Post a Comment