Friday, June 7, 2013

Cautiously Optimistic

Good news! My ultrasound today went relatively well! The baby has a strong heartbeat of 121 bpm, however it did measure a little small. It was 31mm which is consistent with a gestational age of 5 weeks, 6 days. I'm currently 6 weeks, 5 days from my last menstrual cycle. However, since we don't know my actual ovulation date since this was an unmonitored cycle, it's entirely possible that it's just fine. I also wasn't on blood thinners from the start which could have caused early growth to be restricted. We will have to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks. Dr. A. recommended being cautiously optimistic as this is a great start!


My next ultrasound is on June 19th. I'm crossing my fingers that everything goes well!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment