Thursday, May 19, 2011

I passed the GTT!!

Great news -- I do NOT have gestational diabetes! I passed the GTT with flying colors. Woohoo! I'm so relieved as I was genuinely concerned that I was going to fail it. Now I can thoroughly enjoy our anniversary dinner and dessert this weekend. =)

Since Tuesday was our 3 year wedding anniversary, Chad is taking me to Stonehill Tavern, which is a very upscale establishment within the St. Regis resort in Dana Point. I'm excited -- the food is amazing and the views of the ocean at sunset are really breathtaking.

It's hard to believe that we've already been married for 3 years. It's certainly been an eventful journey so far. The last year especially has been very emotional with so many ups and downs from infertility treatments and miscarriages. I'm glad that our relationship has remained strong despite the challenges. I know it has been difficult for Chad to cope with my anxiety and depression, but he's done a great job of being supportive. I know we're both thrilled to finally be able to move past all that and get to start the next phase of our lives. Hopefully we're able to handle all of the changes without too many growing pains!

In other news, our first shipment of fancy cloth diapers arrived yesterday. They are bumGenius 4.0's and are a pocket diaper, which means you simply stuff an absorbant pad inside of them, add a disposable liner, and voila, they're as easy as a disposable to put on. When it's time for a diaper change, we'll simple dump the liner and its icky contents in the toilet and throw the diaper into the washing machine. So much easier than the old style prefolds and plastic pants and pins and swishing disgusting diapers in the toilet! I figure I still need another dozen or so. I'll probably get some Fuzzibunz and maybe some Bummis (aren't the names a riot??). Thanks again to Mandi for all of her thoughts on brands and detergents and general awesome advice!

I love how soft and colorful cloth diapers are!


Hopefully whichever day care we use won't have a problem with them as they really are nearly as simple to use as disposables. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment