Friday, July 12, 2013

First OB Appointment

Chad and I had an appointment with my perinatologist this afternoon. It was good to see her and her staff again after a 2 year break. I got to know them pretty well with Eli since I was there every other week for most of the pregnancy.

Anyway, everything still looks good today. I'm finally far enough along for an abdominal ultrasound, which is a nice change from the dildo cam! The baby was very active, although still measuring a bit small at 11w1d (although it was curled up so measurements can be off by a week at this stage). It was slightly too small for an official NT measurement to check for Down Syndrome, but Dr. P. eyeballed the baby's neck and said it looks normal to her. We will do the official measurement next friday. The heartrate came in at 178 bpm.

Tiny alien baby

 According to the Ramzi method of gender prediction, we are having another boy since the placenta is on the right. He reviewed records of 5000 women and found that 97% of boys have a placenta on the right. Similarly, 97% of girls have a placenta on the left. That said, his study has not been peer reviewed nor have his results been replicated. We will know the gender for sure next week most likely when we get my blood test results back! Here's a link to the study if you're interested in reading it: The Relationship Between Placental Position and Fetal Gender

And here's a cute Eli picture just because. =)

This is a cool way to eat peas, mom!

1 comment:

  1. that's very interesting. My daughter was a complete anterior placenta and I am now pregnant with what we believe is a boy and the placenta is posterior. Never been told if it was left or right...I'll have to check out that study when I have time :)

    ReplyDelete