Friday, July 19, 2013

NT Scan

We went in for my NT (Nuchal Translucency) scan this morning since the baby wasn't big enough last week. Last week Dr. P eyeballed it and thought it looked normal, and today she confirmed that it is great at 1.2mm. We also possibly identified the source of the spotting I've been experiencing this week; a 1 inch section of the amniotic sac has separated from my uterus. However this is considered very small and not worrisome at this point.

You can see the sac separation at the top of the picture

Also this week we received the results of the MaterniT21 test and Eli is going to have a little brother! The baby is also negative for trisomies, so that result combined with the normal NT measurement makes the likelihood of a false negative very low. As you can imagine, we are very relieved!

Even though I will be in the second trimester within a couple of days, my nausea has gotten worse this week and I lost another two pounds. So, I will be starting Zofran, an anti-nausea medication. Hopefully that helps me start feeling better soon.


Stats:
Gestational Age: 12w5d
Measurements: 5.6cm (12w1d)
HR: 164 bpm
Gender: boy

No comments:

Post a Comment