Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Quick Update

This is just a quick update since I've been getting a few inquiries as to how I'm doing. I apologize for not writing sooner, but with all the craziness lately I just haven't had the time. I also owe you a post completely dedicated to Eli, who just turned 2 on Monday! I'll try to get to that very soon. =)

For those who aren't aware of what's been happening with me, here's the recap:
- The week before Tracy's wedding, I had a couple of major bleeding episodes while at work.
- I had an emergency ultrasound to ensure the baby was still ok and then was put on strict bed rest.
- I spent the remainder of the week watching everyone prepare for the wedding while I laid (uselessly) on the couch.
- Since I didn't have any additional bleeding, I was able to go to the wedding. I was in a wheelchair for the ceremony and laid on a chaise lounge during the reception. It was gorgeous and I'm so glad I got to be there!
- I've remained stable and have been going to work. However I'm still not permitted to lift Eli, do childcare, or household chores for at least another couple of weeks.
- My never ending ulcerative colitis flare has been decimated by high dose prednisone. Side effect: now I'm even more of a moody b*tch than normal. Sorry!
- Eli has gotten REALLY good at climbing into and out of his carseat, the bathtub, his crib, etc. The evening routine has had to change some, but we are managing.
- Poor Cairo really misses our nightly walks. :-(





No comments:

Post a Comment