Friday, August 16, 2013

16w5d

This will be a quick update since I'm at work and have a lot to do before it's time to leave at 5.

Today's ultrasound was fine. Baby is still growing at the same rate as is normal for him (~5 days behind GA). The SCH (blood clot) is still there and about the same size as before, maybe slightly smaller. It's just going to take awhile to work itself out. There are still no signs of preterm labor or any of the other complications that can arise with this, so that's good. Dr. P. also did a thorough look at the baby's anatomy and everything is looking normal. The only oddity is that the amniotic sac is still smaller than it should be and the fluid levels are on the low side. However the placenta looks very healthy. At the moment all we can do is keep an eye on everything and cross our fingers.

My colitis is being annoying and came back as soon as I started tapering off the prednisone, so I'm back on it for awhile. I apologize if I'm not very responsive to inquiries right now as my mental state isn't so great while on this medication. I'll let you know if there's anything serious going on, so if you don't hear from me, it's safe to assume that we're doing okay.

Stats:
GA: 16w5d
Baby's weight: 5 oz
Size Comparison: Turnip
Feeling movement: maybe sometimes? Placenta is in the front so it absorbs most movement right now.
HR: 150 bpm

Showin' some skull

No comments:

Post a Comment