Tuesday, November 16, 2010

IVF# 1, day 6

Today isn't going well.

I had an ultrasound to monitor my progress and grand total of ZERO follicles were present. It's really upsetting as I had 5 by this time during my last iui cycle back in April. Either I'm not responding to the meds at all, I just need more time, or the meds I purchased overseas are crap.

If it's the former, it may mean we waited too long. :(

My next ultrasound is on Thursday. Cross your fingers for some follicle growth!

Update: My estrogen rose to 88, which is great. Maybe something is happening afterall?

Update2: I saw my acupuncturist today. He thinks maybe the birth control pills over-suppressed me and now my ovaries are asleep. He gave me a more aggressive treatment to wake them up: more intense electro-stim needles. It feels like getting pricked in the belly in 12 spots at once every second or so for 20 minutes. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment