Monday, November 29, 2010

IVF #1, embryo transfer

I started the morning off with an acupuncture treatment. Dr. Lee used the most needles yet, with them in my head, face, ears, belly, wrists, legs, and feet.

After that, Chad dropped me off at PRC for the transfer. I ended up waiting for over an hour, still not knowing if we had anything left to transfer. Good thing I brought a book with me!

Anyway, eventually I was finally called in to the ultrasound room. The nurse did a quick ultrasound to make sure my bladder was full (um yes it was) . Finally the doctor and embyologist came in to give me the good news. While one embryo had arrested, we still had two -- a grade A blastocyst and a grade B morula. The transfer was over with quickly and painlessly.



I'm supposed to stay on bed rest for the next 3 days. The scientific studies don't support this as being necessary, though. Hrm.

My pregnancy test is scheduled for December 7!

2 comments:

  1. hey - i know your pain...7 losess and im currently on my 6th ivf (#4 to get baby #2)...i had my son after 4 losses and 2 ivf's. i wish u a bunch of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Torri! Infertility is very difficult to cope with. Good luck on your latest attempt; I hope you get your BFP this cycle.

    ReplyDelete