Wednesday, November 24, 2010

IVF #1 Egg Retrieval

We made it to the clinic bright and early this morning, while it was still dark. While in the waiting room, we chatted with a woman who's niece was donating eggs to her daughter. Their journey has been even more harrowing than ours, with her daughter developing life threatening blood clots in her lungs and legs.

Anyway, by 6:30 I was prepped and ready and Chad was given his sample cup and told to get busy. Ha!

When I woke up, the nurse told me that they retrieved 4 eggs! I think I asked a few times since I was really groggy from the anesthesia and kept thinking I must have misheard her since I was only expecting three.

We went home to recover with our new calendar of injections. I start progesterone tonight and continue the lovenox. Assuming we have embryos to transfer on Monday, I'll start estrogen as well.

At the moment I'm trying to remain very still. I have no idea how much discomfort is normal for this sort of thing, but even with extra painkillers at the clinic and some Tylenol with codeine, moving isn't very pleasant. Hopefully I'm back on my feet tomorrow for thanksgiving.

Update:
3 eggs were mature and fertilized. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment