Thursday, July 21, 2011

36 weeks

I find it pretty incredible that I made it to the ninth month of pregnancy!

I'm happy to say that I'm still feeling pretty good overall. I'm still working full time and probably would continue all the way until my delivery date if my parents weren't coming into town the week before. Since I'd like to spend a little time with them while I'm still independent, my last day of work will be July 29th. I also get my 5 year service award that day, which is a full size, steel sword. Pretty cool!

Today's appointment went fairly well. Baby Eli cooperated with the monitoring session for once, however I had 5 contractions within 30 minutes. Dr. P. ended up checking me to see if the contractions were actually causing any cervical changes (and thus if I was experiencing, or at risk of pre term labor). As it turns out, I'm still closed up tight, so the likelihood of early labor is slim. Unfortunately, that also means that my induction will likely be fairly lengthy unless something changes in the next two weeks...

I also got my prescription for heparin injections today. I'll switching to that twice a day until delivery. We've decided that I will not go back on blood thinners after birth since Dr. P. feels that bleeding complications with my uc outweigh the slight risk of developing a clot.

As far as preparations go, we are just about ready! Baby clothes are washed, hospital bags are packed, car seat is purchased... I have two pediatrician appointments lined up since we have to choose one before the birth. Other than that, we're just in waiting mode.

Today's Stats

Gestational age: 36 weeks, 1 day
Weight: 5 lbs, 14 ounces
Percentile: 33rd
Heart rate: 157 bpm
My weight gain: 12 pounds
Weeks until delivery: 2!
Weeks left of work: 1

1 comment:

  1. Gettign close! Exciting! I took the last week and a half off before my induction and I wouldn't trade that time for anything. My mother in law flew out and we all just lazed around, went for walks, went to 2 of my nieces sports events. Very relaxing way to lead up to welcoming a long awaited miracle.
    I switched over to Heparin towards the end too. I took Lovenox twice daily cause I had a stroke the day after my positive beta. I was so scared that I would go into labor on my own and it wouldn't have been long enough between my last Lovenox shot and an epidural. So we went to all that trouble to switch to the Heparin three times a day to be sure that I could have an epidural. In the end my epidural came out of place just as I was fully dilated and I ended up doing the last hour of my labor with no relief! Proves you just can't plan a single aspect of this out, lol!

    ReplyDelete