Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm a bit shocked today...

My beta went up to 490 today! That's a doubling time of 39.78 hours, which is great. We're still not in the clear of course -- still need to get to the ultrasound and actually see a normal pregnancy. But at least we're still in the game, for now. What a roller coaster!

I'm trying very hard not to get too excited about this. The research is pretty sobering for live birth rates with slow rising betas. One of the women on the IVF forums I visit also had similar beta numbers as me, and her ultrasound this morning revealed that the baby wasn't developing. Of course she is devastated.

Update: I will not be getting another beta test. Dr. A. feels we should just wait until the ultrasound in the next couple of weeks. That's fine with me as I obsess far too much over beta numbers and really drive myself crazy. Sometimes I think the woman on the IVF forums who only chose to get a single beta and then wait for ultrasound had it right. In this case, ignorance really is bliss.

3 comments:

  1. What that what? Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you; what a great beta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! It's going to be a loooong wait until the ultrasound... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know how you feel..im going through beta hell myself (even though i think my numbers are fine the doc think its "borderline")...Anyways it sucks. Im actually calling them today to refuse anymore betas! So many women NEVER get these damn numbers drawn, who knows what reallyhappens in there! Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete