Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The List

My clinic provides a nice, long list of do's and dont's while pregnant:

...I don't get relief from the painful butt injections until the second trimester :-(
- Continue daily progesterone injections until 2/2/11
- Continue biweekly delestrogen injections until 2/2/11
- Continue daily Lovenox injections
- Continue progesterone suppositories until 2/2/11
- Continue daily baby aspirin until 28 weeks (5/25/11)
- Continue prenatal vitamins until done breastfeeding

...And plenty of things I can't do:
- Don't lift anything over 10 pounds
- No douching or tampons; nothing in the vagina
- NO INTERCOURSE until cleared by OB doctor
- No pools, baths, or jacuzzis; only showers
- Do not exercise; light walking only
- Do not apply any heat to your abdomen

...Common symptoms in early pregnancy:
- Vaginal spotting or light bleeding; you should use a pantyliner
- Cramping, breast tenderness, and fatigue

I've had some cramping, really severe breast tenderness (anything that jiggles them hurts, like walking down a flight of stairs), and moderate fatigue so far. No bleeding or spotting. I'm coping with the injections the best that I can. My whole butt is sore, so sitting in a chair all day at work isn't super comfortable. Oh well.

The worst part of this list is the no intercourse and no exercise! I wish they gave an explanation for why these are forbidden in an IVF pregnancy but not a normal pregnancy. I'm doing my best to not overeat since I'm just sitting around all day. I'm thankful for the mild nausea I've had so far as it certainly helps to control appetite! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment