Monday, January 24, 2011

10 weeks, 5 days

There's nothing much to report today. I decided not to see the RE for another ultrasound this afternoon since we've been having to wait for 45 minutes to an hour every time. So, I won't have any new pics until the NT scan on Feb 4th.

Everything appears to be going well. I'm still experiencing varying degrees of nausea and fatigue. Saturday was tough -- I ended up sleeping for almost the entire afternoon! Last night I was pretty restless and at one point I flopped over suddenly and felt a quick stabbing/stretching sensation in my belly. This morning I've had a little red spotting. Hopefully it stops soon...

As a reminder to those who receive my blog as an email update, please do your best to keep quiet about my pregnancy for the time being. I totally understand that you guys are over the moon about this one looking good so far. But, even though we think there is truly a really good chance things will work out, there's still a decent chance that it won't. As someone who has experienced so many losses in the past, I'm really not comfortable talking about this yet. So, please wait until I let you know when it's safe to tell the world. Thanks for understanding! =)

In other news, this is what's happening this week courtesy of babycenter.com:

"Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.
She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming."

Still looking like an alien!

No comments:

Post a Comment